Wednesday, February 13, 2008

White Aisle


Found this fantastic site with AMAZING invitations. My heart started beating faster when I saw them and I starting racking my brain for a possible reason to order. Unfortunately couldn't come up with anything. But, then I saw the "Giving Back" page and looked further into the site where I found these beautiful silk sashes. These silk dress sashes are each handmade in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by one of the many young women trying to move their lives forward after being victims of sex trafficking. 100% of the profit for these sashes will go back to the local day center they work with. It will pay the salaries of these girls, and expand the facility to include full time housing so that they no longer have to go to the brothels in the evenings. This program not only provides them with income, but also a new skill and a feeling of empowerment. It's a first step out of what is an unimaginable life for most of us.



The fabric used is local hand loomed Khmer (Cambodian) silk. They come in 10 different colors and swatches are free of charge. Only $20 each!

No comments: